$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Men’s track and field: Devins breaks school record, Bombers finish second at Cornell

Senior and team co-captain Kyle Devins automatically qualified for the National Collegiate Athletic Association outdoor championships by breaking a 29-year old school record in the high jump. Devins’ jump of 7.43 meters won the event, broke the record of 7.29 meters set by Mike Page ’82 and helped the men’s outdoor track and field team finished second out of six teams in yesterday’s Cornell Upstate Challenge at the Robert Kane Complex.

The Bombers finished with a total of 88 points, which was 169 points shy of host Cornell.

In addition to Devins, six other Bombers qualified for the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference championships. Senior and co-captain Max Orenstein finished third in the 200-meter dash in 21.90 seconds and finished 13th in the 100-meter dash with an ECAC-qualifying time of 11.00 seconds.

Senior and co-captain John Davis finished second in the 5,000-meter run in 15:05.90, graduate student William Way finished fourth in the 1,500-meter run in 4:00.30 and sophomore Chris Mastrosimone finished third in the 400-meter dash in 49.12 seconds.

The Blue and Gold also received ECAC-qualifying performances from junior Dan Moloney, who finished sixth in the 400-meter hurdles in 55.67 seconds, and sophomore Matt Confer, who finished 11th in the 110-meter hurdles in 15.51 seconds.

The South Hill squad returns to action at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday when they compete at Cornell University against SUNY-Cortland and SUNY-Delhi in their final home meet.

$1375
$2000