$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s Track and Field: South Hill squad takes seven events at Ithaca Quad Meet

The men’s track and field team won seven events in the Ithaca Quad meet on Wednesday at Butterfield Stadium.

Sophomore Brendan Wilkins won the high jump, edging out two teammates and finishing with an ECAC-qualifying score of 1.93 meters.

Freshman Matt Femia won the 200-meter dash with a final time of 23.67
seconds. Sophomore John Luis Damaskos and freshman David Searles took
second and third.

The 4×100-meter relay team of freshmen Kevin Davis and Matt Femia and juniors Clay Ardoin and Brian Maley won its event with a final time of 45.20 seconds.

The meet on Wednesday was sandwiched in between the Empire 8 Conference Championships and the Penn Relays, two of the most important meets for the South Hill squad.

Freshman sprinter Kevin Davis thought the Bombers’ success on Wednesday was good for the team to keep their confidence high and remain in the groove of running.

“A meet like we had on Wednesday is good because we can get guys who
haven’t been running to compete and get confident,” Davis said. “And we can
stay confident from winning some more events.”

Senior Doug Koury ran the 100-meter dash in 12.09 seconds on Wednesday for the sole purpose of qualifying for the decathlon. Koury said the Quad meet accomplished the goal of deepening the roster for the year-end championships.

“It was a really small meet and the purpose of it was just to get more people to qualify for states,” Koury said. “We ran well, but the point of that meet was to get our runners another chance to qualify.”

Freshman Matt Femia said the Blue and Gold are primed and ready to finish the year with a strong statement

“The meet helped us to get some guys to qualify, but now I think we’re
ready to head into states and the rest of our big meets,” he said.

$1495
$2000