$1275
$2000

Softball: Blue and Gold fall to Keuka, now on the brink of elimination

The Bombers softball team, ranked second overall in the NCAA Division III softball regional tournament, suffered a devastating 7–1 loss at the hands of the sixth seeded Keuka College Storm this afternoon at Kostrinsky Field.

Keuka senior first baseman Sarah Fredricks went 2-for-3 with three RBIs off senior pitcher and outfielder Britt Lillie. Fredricks also scored two runs in the game.

Lillie pitched into the third inning and was charged with all seven Keuka runs, four of which came in the first inning and the other three coming in the third.

The South Hill squad challenged the Storm’s defense, with all of their batters producing outs in the field and no one striking out. But the only extra base hit they could muster was a double by freshman designated player Jackie Branco to lead off the seventh inning.

The Blue and Gold will face Western Connecticut College at noon tomorrow at Kostrinsky Field with elimination on the line. The winner of their game will face the winner of the contest between Middlebury College and St. John Fisher College, which is set to start at 10 a.m. tomorrow at Kostrinsky Field.

$1275
$2000