$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Softball: Bombers comeback falls short as team splits at Buffalo State

The Bombers softball team split a doubleheader at Buffalo State College this afternoon, winning the first game 6–4 and falling 3–2 in the nightcap.

The Blue and Gold scored five runs in the top of the second inning in game one, with home runs coming off the bats of senior pitcher and outfielder Britt Lillie as well as sophomore first baseman Carianne D’Alessandro.

Senior pitcher and third baseman Allison Greaney threw all seven innings, allowing eight hits and striking out two.

Game two ended in heartbreak for the South Hill squad, who tied the game late only to fall victim to a two out walkoff RBI single by Bengals freshman infielder and pitcher Aleesha Williams.

Senior second baseman Kait Dolan hit a single to right field to bring in sophomore infielder Molly O’Donnell for the tying run with two outs in the sixth inning. But freshman pitcher Sam Bender surrendered three consecutive singles, which cost the South Hill Squad the sweep.

The Bombers will play their last regular season game at 3 p.m. Wednesday when they face Keuka College in a doubleheader at Kostrinsky Field.

$1495
$2000