$1275
$2000

Softball: Bombers fall to RIT, lose chance at Empire 8 title

The Bombers softball team fell 1–0 to second-seeded Rochester Institute of Technology in the Empire 8 conference tournament elimination game earlier today at Kostrinsky Field.

The only run of the pitcher’s duel came in the first inning and was unearned. RIT played small ball early on, with sophomore leadoff hitter Emily Courtney hitting an infield single, being sacrificed to second base, and scoring on an overthrow of the base from freshman outfielder Rachel Dell’Orto.

The South Hill squad went hitless until the fourth inning, which ended with senior designated player Kerry Barger being thrown out at home plate. They managed only one base runner over the final three innings.

Senior pitcher and outfielder Britt Lillie came on in relief of starting classmate Allison Greaney, who took the tough loss. The two pitchers fanned a total of eight batters in the game.

The Blue and Gold are ranked second in the most recent NCAA East Region rankings and are awaiting tomorrow’s announcement of the playoff field to see if they can earn an at large bid to the NCAA playoffs.

$1275
$2000