$1275
$2000

Softball: Bombers pound Centenary, will face Keuka tomorrow

The second-seeded softball team defeated seventh-seeded Centenary College by a score of 8–1 today in this weekend’s NCAA regional at Kostrinsky Field.

Ithaca’s bats got going in the fourth inning, producing four runs, all of which came with two outs.The rally started with a double by freshman catcher Sydney Folk and included RBI hits from sophomore outfielder Jen Biondi and senior second baseman Kait Dolan. Dolan and senior pitcher and outfielder Britt Lillie had three hits apiece. Sophomore first baseman Carianne D’Alessandro’s two-run single in the sixth inning provided the final insurance runs.

Senior starting pitcher Allison Greaney held the Centenary Cyclones hitless for 5 2/3 innings before allowing a bunt base hit from junior outfielder Jen Vasta. Greaney, who had only allowed two base runners up to that point, earned her 10th win of the season and struck out five.

Freshman pitcher Jillian Olmstead worked out of a bases loaded, two-out jam in the sixth inning and retired the last four batters to earn the save.

The Blue and Gold will face sixth-ranked Keuka College, who shut out third-ranked Middlebury College 5–0 earlier today, at 4:30 tomorrow at Kostrinsky Field.

$1275
$2000