$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Softball: Bombers slug their way to split of RPI

Ithaca’s softball team slugged two home runs in each game of yesterday’s doubleheader at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, winning the first game 8–5 and dropping the second 8–6.

Senior pitcher and outfielder Britt Lillie made an impact all over the field in the first game. She pitched six innings in the circle and gave up two runs on five hits. She went deep with a two-run shot in the first inning and had an RBI single in the fifth.

Junior shortstop and outfielder Annmarie Forenza also hit a two-run bomb in the fourth inning.

In Game 2, the Bombers gave up the most runs they have all season. Freshman pitcher Sam Bender struggled early on, lasting only two innings and giving up four earned runs. Freshman pitcher Jillian Olmstead came on in relief and took the loss, walking none and striking out five.

The Blue and Gold scored all six runs in the second inning. Sophomore first baseman Molly O’Donnell hit a solo home run to start the rally, and senior second baseman Kait Dolan hit a grand slam to cap it off.

The South Hill squad will travel to Empire 8 conference foe Utica College to play a doubleheader at 3:30 p.m. Friday.

$1375
$2000