$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Softball: South Hill squad climbs back above the .500 mark

After scoring most of its runs in the late innings Friday against Utica College, the softball team wasted no time against Elmira College by taking early leads and keeping the game out of reach in a doubleheader sweep.

With 12-3 and 11-1 victories against the Soaring Eagles, the Bombers improved to 11—10 on the season and remain a perfect 4—0 in the Empire 8 Conference.

The Blue and Gold put up four runs to start the first game and were able to push across three in the second and four more in the third inning. Sophomore first baseman Sydney Folk led the way for the Bombers, finishing the game 3-for-4 at the plate with four RBIs. Sophomore outfielder Rachel Dell’Orto also hit 3-for-4 and scored all three times she reached base.

On the circle, sophomore pitcher Sam Bender held the Soaring Eagles to three runs on six hits while striking out seven in a complete game effort.

In the second game, sophomore pitcher Jillian Olmstead shut down Elmira in her first pitching appearance of the year. Bates pitched all six innings, surrendering only one run on six hits with four strikeouts.

The Bombers struck first again with three runs to start the second game. The Blue and Gold led 3-1 until the fifth inning when they scored three runs and added five more in the sixth to soundly put away the Soaring Eagles. Dell’Orto went a perfect 3-for-3 at the plate while tallying up three RBIs. The South Hill squad finished the day with 30 hits total between the two games.

The South Hill squad will continue its road trip when it travels to SUNY-Oneonta to face the Red Dragons in a doubleheader Thursday. First pitch is at 3 p.m.

$1495
$2000