$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Softball suffers first losses since spring break

After going on a seven-game tear, the softball team was unable to outlast No. 11 SUNY-Cortland in a doubleheader today at Kostrinsky field. The Blue and Gold lost 1–0 and 6–2.

In the first game, senior Alyssa Brook pitched 4 2/3 scoreless innings before letting up the eventual game-winning run. After retiring the first batter of the inning, Brook let up a base hit up the middle to SUNY-Cortland sophomore Kayla Lynch. Lynch advanced to second on a throwing error by senior right fielder Alyssa Guzman before scoring an unearned run on a single by Katie Fusco.

The Blue and Gold only had two hits and put just three runners on base in the opener. Despite getting the loss in a complete game effort, Brook only let up four hits while striking out three.

Though the Bombers were unable to recover from the one run they let up in the first game, they got on the board quickly in the second. Freshman Jennifer Biondi hit a two-run single in the second inning to go up 2–0.

Greaney got the start in the game and gave up two earned runs on six hits through four innings of work. Brook replaced Greaney on the mound in the fifth. Corltand senior Emily Ringen drove in the eventual game-winning run on a two-out double down the left field line.

The South Hill squad looks to rebound from its first losses since spring break at 1 p.m. Saturday as the Bombers take on Empire 8 opponent Alfred University at Kostrinsky Field.

$1375
$2000