$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Swimming and Diving sends two divers to NCAA Championships

It was a successful outing for the Bombers diving team as two women’s divers, sophomores Anna Belson and Katie Helly, punched their tickets into the NCAA Division III Swimming and Diving Championships after their performances in the NCAA Region Four Diving Championships Feb. 26 and 27. Five divers from the college, four female and one male, competed at SUNY Cortland’s Harriet Holston Pool.

The other two female divers along with Belson and Helly who also competed were Lindsey Suddaby and Alyssa Wishart. The women competed in the 1-meter and 3-meter dives on Feb. 26 and Feb. 27, respectively.

Helly locked in her spot by finishing fourth overall in the 1-meter dive with a score of 423.80. Belson finished in eighth place with a score of 403.85. Suddaby and Wishart would finish 10th and 11th with scores of 397.90 and 395.15, respectively.

Belson would get her opportunity in the 3-meter by finishing second in the event with a score of 444.85. Suddaby and Helly would finish in the top five, placing fourth and fifth with scores of 439.85 and 438.45. Wishart would finish 13th in the event.

Suddaby will serve as an alternative for the Bombers in the event.

As for the men, freshman Scott Hillen would finish seventh in the 3-meter dive and eighth in the 1-meter with scores of 451.50 and 438.65, respectively, which was good for an alternative spot in the nationals for the event.

Belson and Helly will represent the Blue and Gold in the NCAA Championships on March 16–19 in Greensboro, North Carolina.

$1495
$2000