$1275
$2000

Track and Field competes in the Spartan Regional Preview

Both the Ithaca College men’s and women’s track and field teams scored high Jan. 15 at the Spartan Regional Preview hosted by St. Thomas Aquinas College. The meet consisted of schools from Division I, II and III.

The women’s team placed third overall out of 20 teams with 111.5 points. The Blue and Gold were the highest scoring Division III team, behind only Rider University and Manhattan College, both of which are Division I schools.

Sophomore Taryn Cordani placed first in the mile, crossing the finish line in 5:06.64. Junior Katherine Pitman also claimed a first place finish with her performance in pole vault, clearing 3.71 meters.

Juniors Brandy Smith and Yvonne Palacios took first and second respectively in weight throw. Smith’s farthest distance was 16.52 meters and Palacios’ was 15.68 meters.

The men’s team scored 78 points, putting it in fifth place among 19 schools. It was the highest scoring Division III team.

Senior Andrew Brandt cleared a height of 2.04 meters in the high jump event to earn first. Senior Sawyer Hitchcock was runner-up in the 3,000 meter run, completing the distance in 8:56.40. Sophomore Tim Chappell crossed the finish line two spots behind him in 9:00.90 to earn him fourth place.

Freshman Lee Matthews, junior Thomas Battistelli and freshman Jakob Markwardt earned third, fifth and seventh place in pole vault. All reached the 3.75 meter mark.

Both squads will host the Bomber Quad on Jan. 22 in the Glazer Arena, their first home meet of the season.

$1275
$2000