$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s Basketball: Blue and Gold blast Robert Morris to move in to tournament final

The women’s basketball team (8–1) played suffocating defense to shut down Robert Morris University (6–5) and advance to the championship final of the Hope Post-Exam Jam with a dominant 67-36 victory.

The Bombers held the Colonials’ offense to just 20 percent shooting in the first half en route to building a 40-15 lead at the halftime break.

The Blue and Gold were able to sit many of their starters in the second half thanks to the team’s big lead, and their Bombers’ bench did not miss a beat. The bench players combined to score 26 points and pulled down 29 rebounds in extended action.

Sophomore guard Kathryn Campbell led all scorers with 15 points while adding five rebounds and three assists. Sophomore forward Jennifer Escobido led the South Hill squad with 13 rebounds and senior guard Jacqueline Shinall collected a team-high five assists.

The Bombers will play host Hope College in the tournament’s championship game at 3 p.m. this afternoon in Holland, Mich.

$1375
$2000