$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s Basketball: Bombers seize Empire 8 lead with win against rival Stevens

The women’s basketball team (12–2) now sits alone atop the Empire 8 Conference, as they defeated reigning conference champion Stevens Institute of Technology (6–7) 48-37 this afternoon.

The Bombers improved to a perfect 4–0 in conference play and have now held three opponents to fewer than 40 points this season.

The South Hill squad trailed the Ducks 14-12 with 12 minutes to play in the first half, then proceeded to rip off a 13-1 run to end the half and gain control of the contest. Freshman guard Samantha Klie ignited the rally by scoring six points off the bench.

Sophomore guard Mary Kate Tierney made her second straight start for the Bombers and tied senior guard Jessica Farley with a team-high 10 points. Tierney and Farley also added eight rebounds apiece for the Blue and Gold, while Brady pulled down a team-high nine.

The Bombers’ 11 point margin of victory was the program’s highest ever against the Ducks. With the win, the Bombers improved to 35–1 in Empire 8 contests during the last three seasons.

The Blue and Gold will play their final non-conference matchup of the regular season when they face Cornell University. The game tips off at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Newman Arena.

$1495
$2000