$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s Basketball: Squad pulls out win against Medaille

The women’s basketball team (2–0) used a late-game run to break away and earn a 70-58 victory over host Medaille College (1—1) yesterday.

In a game that featured ten lead changes, the Bombers trailed 45-44 with 13:34 remaining in the game before ripping off an 11-0 run that would give them the lead for good. The South Hill led by as many as 15 points down the stretch.

Sophomore guard Kathryn Campbell led the Bombers with 21 points and nine rebounds. She has now scored at least 20 points in each of the team’s first two games.

Sophomore forward Jennifer Escobido posted another complete performance in the paint by scoring 15 points to go along with seven rebounds, three assists and three steals. Junior forward Devin Shea contributed 14 points while senior guard Jessica Farley led the Blue and Gold in steals with six.

It was the Bombers’ first ever matchup against Medaille, who won 24 games and qualified for the NCAA Tournament last season. The Mavericks led by as many as eight points in the first half, but the Bombers forced Medaille to turn the ball over 24 times, eventually turning those turnovers into 21 points of their own.

The Blue and Gold will look to keep their hot start going when they play their home opener against SUNY Institute of Technology in a 4 p.m. game tomorrow in Ben Light Gymnasium.

$1375
$2000