$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s Basketball: Squad races past Hartwick College

The women’s basketball team (11–2) improved its winning streak to three games and posted another dominant defensive effort in its 63-49 win against host Hartwick College (9–3) last night. The Blue and Gold have now won 25 of their last 27 matchups with Hartwick.

Hartwick came into Friday’s contest with the second-best overall record in the Empire 8 Conference and an eight-game win streak, but fell behind early to the Bombers. The South Hill squad jumped out to a 21-3 lead in the first 10 minutes of the game and forced the Hawks to miss 18 of their first 21 shots.

Sophomore forward Jennifer Escobido had a huge game for the Bombers, as she posted a double-double with a team-high 18 points and 13 rebounds. Escobido’s front court mate, junior forward Devin Shea, also tallied a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Sophomore guard Mary-Kate Tierney made her first career start for the Bombers and recorded career-best totals of nine points, six rebounds and four assists.

Hartwick guard Maria Foglia scored a game-high 24 points in 34 minutes of play.

The Bombers will stay on the road for one of their biggest tests of the season when they visit defending Empire 8 Conference champion Stevens Institute of Technology in a 2 p.m. matchup today. The Bombers and the Ducks are the only remaining squads in the Empire 8 with unbeaten conference records.

$1495
$2000