$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s Crew: Bombers win five gold medals at states

The women’s crew dominated the competition over the weekend at the New York State Championships in Whitney Point, N.Y., winning five gold medals. The women’s first varsity 8, second varsity 8, third varsity 8, novice 8 and second novice 8 all won gold medals.

The first varsity 8 posted a time of 6:50.38, beating out St. Lawrence University by almost six seconds to take first place. William Smith College, Marist College, Skidmore College and University of Rochester rounded out third through sixth.

In the second varsity 8 final, the Bombers once again beat out St. Lawrence University with a time of 7:10.54. St. Lawrence finished second with a time of 7:13.49.

The third varsity 8 boat finished strong against William Smith and St. Lawrence, finishing with a time of 7:39.08 to William Smith’s 7:48.04 and St. Lawrence’s 7:48.86. Skidmore finished fourth with a time of 8:47.31.

The novice 8 competed against six other boats, beating the entire field with a time of 7:36.57 that edged out Marist by less than a second. Marist finished second with a time of 7:37.30.

The second novice 8 competed in a two boat race against Binghamton, recording the win with a time of 8:19.64 to Binghamton’s 8:36.01.

The women’s crew returns to competition at the Eastern College Athletic Conference Championships at 7:30 a.m. Saturday in Worcester, Mass.

$1375
$2000