$1275
$2000

Women’s cross country: Bombers finish with seven in top-10

The women’s cross country team came out strong in its first race of the year, the Pat Peterson 5K held at SUNY-Oswego on Saturday.

The Bombers took the top two spots overall, claiming six of the first seven finishers, in the 5-kilometer race held near Lake Ontario.

Junior Heidi Baumbach finished first overall for the victory with a time of 20:14.87.  Baumbach was 29 seconds ahead of the next closest finisher, senior Alissa Kersey who came in second for the Blue and Gold with a time of 20:43.69.

The South Hill squad picked up the pace throughout the field with its next four finishers crossing the line in an eight second span. Senior co-captain Catherine Ortiz placed fourth overall, while fellow senior Liz Schloss, freshman Jodi Robinson and sophomore Megan Schenk finished fifth, sixth and seventh, respectively.

Rounding out the top seven was freshman Hannah Craig, who placed 10th overall.

The Bombers won the team title by 86 points, beating SUNY-Oswego 104 to 18.  A total of seven teams competed in the race.

The Bombers return to action at Oneonta Airfield Invitational at 4 p.m. Saturday in Oneonta, N.Y.

$1275
$2000