$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s lacrosse: Blue and Gold fueled by three hat tricks in season opener

In its season opener Tuesday, the women’s lacrosse team defeated Buffalo State College 13–10 at Higgins Field. With the win, the Blue and Gold avenged a 6–9 loss to the Bengals from the 2010 season.

Three players scored hat tricks to lead the Bombers. Senior Ali DeCirce, junior Nicole Borisenok and sophomore Tracy Rivas all netted three goals.

The Blue and Gold also got goals from senior Katie Hurley, sophomore Kim Armbruster, sophomore Sam Whitney and freshman Katie Long. Hurley also had the Bombers’ only assist.

In the second half, the Blue and Gold broke up a 6–6 halftime tie by outscoring Buffalo State 7–3. The Bombers’ defense also stepped it up in the second half, holding the Bengals scoreless for a 16-minute

Rivas won a game-high five draws and sophomore Siobhan Sullivan led the game with five ground balls.

Sophomore goalkeeper Jess Worthman earned the win in net for the Blue and Gold, stopping 10 shots on cage.

The Bombers continue their season at noon Satuday against rival and No. 8 SUNY-Cortland at Higgins Field.

$1495
$2000