$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s Lacrosse: South Hill squad whitewashes weekend opponents

The women’s lacrosse team dominated Elmira College and Alfred University by a combined score of 38-1 over the weekend to move within one game of an undefeated season in the Empire 8 Conference.

On Saturday the Bombers traveled to Elmira, N.Y. and defeated the Soaring Eagles 18-1. The Blue and Gold followed that dominant performance with another on Sunday by shutting out the host Alfred Saxons 20-0. The South Hill squad recorded its first shutout since 2007 and have now won seven straight games, its longest winning streak since 2003.

Against Elmira, the Bombers took a 7-0 lead before the Soaring Eagles scored their lone goal of the game. Senior attack Nicole Borisenok led the Blue and Gold with five goals and two assists. 11 different Bombers found the back of the net during the contest.

On Sunday, the Bombers high scoring ways continued with junior attack Tracy Rivas leading the squad with four goals and three assists. Rivas now has 40 career assists, tying her for ninth on the Bombers all time list. The Blue and Gold outshot Alfred 32-2 in the game.

The Bombers return to road action at 4:30 p.m. tomorrow when they take on nonconference foe Hamilton College in Clinton, N.Y.

$1375
$2000