$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s Soccer: Blue and Gold shut out SUNY-Oneonta to complete road trip

Playing in its final contest of a three game road trip, the women’s soccer team shut out the SUNY-Oneonta Red Dragons 2-0 yesterday.

Sophomore forward Ellyn Grant-Keane and sophomore midfielder Jamie Ruddy did all the scoring for the Bombers, tallying the game’s only two goals. Grant-Keane scored her sixth goal of the season by netting a shot from 30 yards out that sailed over the head of SUNY-Oneonta senior goalkeeper Amy Lusby, which put the Bombers up 1-0 in the 20th minute. Ruddy scored her goal much later in the game, capitalizing on a break-away opportunity with only 13 minutes left in the game.

The South Hill squad would preserve the lead thanks to solid defense and another exceptional performance by junior goalkeeper Becca Salant who had six saves. Yesterday’s shutout marks the sixth time this season the team has been able to keep their opponent scoreless.

The Blue and Gold are now 10-2-3 on the season heading into their final game of the regular season. They will play against Rochester Institute of Technology at 11:30 a.m Saturday on Carp Wood Field.

$1495
$2000