$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s Soccer: Bombers bury Alfred

The Bombers looked rebounded from their first loss of the season, shutting out Alfred University 7-0 yesterday on Carp Wood Field.

The Blue and Gold completely blitzed the Saxons in the first half, scoring seven goals in the first 45 minutes of play and outshooting the Saxons 16-1 over that duration.

Junior forward Rachael Palladino reached double figures in goals, scoring her 10th and 11th this season. She is also tied with junior midfielder Julie Winn for the most assists on the team with six. She had two in the game.

Winn also had another strong performance, tallying her third multi-goal game of the season.

Sophomore midfielder Jamie Ruddy and sophomore forward Ellyn Grant-Keane also pitched in, each scoring a goal of their own. Grant-Keane said there was pressure to perform after playing a sloppy game against Misericordia University earlier in the week.

“Playing is a huge responsibility because you represent your team, and you play for the team so there is that weight on your shoulder,”she said.

The South Hill squad’s defense also had another strong showing. Along with the shutout, the team only allowed one shot the entire game. Sophomore defender Anna Gray said the shutout was a result of the entire defense working together.

“Defense has been a very smooth transition because of the support on the field,” she said.

The Bombers stayed undefeated in the Empire 8 Conference with the win and improved to 8-1-2 overall on the season.

$1495
$2000