$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s Soccer: Bombers come out firing in win against RPI

The women’s soccer team came out firing Tuesday at the start of its 3–0 win against Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute yesterday on Carp Wood Field.

The South Hill Squad scored all three of the game’s goals in the first half, the first one coming from junior midfielder Caroline Jastremski off a rebound from junior forward Rachael Palladino in the sixth minute. Only three minutes later sophomore midfielder Jamie Ruddy scored to put the Bombers up by two. After a few scoreless minutes the team regrouped and struck yet again, as Palladino tallied her third goal of the season.

Entering halftime the team seemed to be running away with another game, holding a commanding 3-0 lead and outshooting RPI 15-14. The Bombers’ defense held the Engineers scoreless the rest of the way and increased their regular season record to 3–0–1. Though they have been winning, Palladino said she does not need to score as much as last year for the team to be successful.

“It does not mean I am working any less, it just means our team has multiple people who are able to score in a game,” Palladino said.

Jastremski said she took pride in the team’s defense, as the Bombers frustrated the Engineers for the entire game on the way to their second straight shutout performance.

“We definitely spread them out and worked together as a unit,” she said.

The Blue and Gold’s next three opponents will prove to be much more difficult than the past two games, as the team will play three consecutive road games. They will play their first Empire 8 conference game Saturday against St. John Fisher College. Ruddy said the team would approach each game with the same proactive attitude.

“We don’t do anything differently whether we’re at home or away,” she said.

$1495
$2000