$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s Soccer: Bombers edge Elmira College in closing minutes

After falling to Stevens Institute of Technology last week, the women’s soccer team had a 10-day layoff to prepare for yesterday’s match against Elmira College. The Blue and Gold improved their record to 9–2–2 on the season and 5–1 in the Empire 8 Conference with a 2-1 win.

The South Hill squad struck early when junior forward Rachael Palladino tallied her seventh assist of the season in the 10th minute by dishing the ball to sophomore forward Ellyn Grant-Keane for the game’s first goal. The Bombers took the 1-0 lead into halftime and would go on to outshoot the Soaring Eagles by a lopsided 24-8 margin.

Elmira College quickly responded at the start of the second half and scored a goal of their own in the 52nd minute to tie the game.

The game would ultimately come down to the closing minutes, as senior back Andi Roach scored her first career goal in the 86th minute to put the Bombers up 2-1. The goal would prove to be the eventual game winner, as the Bombers were able to protect the lead for the last four minutes.

The South Hill squad will play against Nazareth College at noon Saturday.

$1495
$2000