$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s soccer: Bombers win season finale behind record breaking performance

Sophomore forward Rachael Palladino made her way into the record books and the women’s soccer team closed out the regular season with a 3–0 win over Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Saturday.

Palladino entered the game with 18 goals this season, just one away from the all-time record for goals in a season set by Chelsey Feldman ’09 in 2007.

Palladino tied Feldman’s record in the 31st minute with an unassisted goal beating freshman goalkeeper Stephanie Vargas to give the Bombers a 1–0 lead. Palladino then beat Vargas again just two minutes later, scoring off a pass from sophomore midfielder Caroline Jastremski to move past Feldman for the all-time record.

Freshman forward Ellyn Grant-Keane finished the scoring for the Blue and Gold in the 70th minute putting away a rebound from a Palladino shot.

The Bombers held a significant shot advantage outshooting RPI 18–6 and allowed just two shots in the second half. Senior goalkeeper Jessica Platt recorded her fourth solo shutout of the season.

The Blue and Gold will play again on Saturday November 6th against Stevens Institute of Technology at Nazareth College, in the semifinal of the Empire 8 conference tournament.

The Bombers are currently ranked 11th in the National Soccer Coaches Association of America poll.

$1375
$2000