$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s Swimming and Diving: Blue and Gold finish 12–0–1 to cap off second straight undefeated season

For the eighth time in school history, the women’s swimming and diving team finished the regular season without a loss (12–0–1). Today’s 196-100 win against Union College in the Athletics and Events Center Pool also marked the second consecutive undefeated season for the Bombers, a program first since the 2002 and 2003 seasons.

Junior Carly Jones led the way for the Blue and Gold, as she won both the 100-yard breastroke and 100-yard butterfly with times of 1:08.14 and 58.81 seconds respectively. She also led the 200-yard medley relay team of junior Madi Sherry, sophomore Elizabeth Gawrys and freshmen Kylie Bangs to first overall in a time of 1:50.98.

Jones said the team’s winter break training was reflective of today’s performances.

“We’ve been slowly tapering our work down so we’re getting more rested, so it helps in going fast,” she said.

Seniors Missy Keesler and Cali DeSanto were both individual event winners. Keesler won the 100-yard backstroke in a time of 1:01.78 and DeSanto won the 200-yard butterfly in a time of 2:16.45.

The team’s current senior class finished regular-season competition with a combined record of 47–4–1 in dual-meets during four seasons. Senior captain Simone McCarron said being a tight-knit group has led to success for the Class of 2012.

“It’s a perfect way to finish our last regular season,” she said.

Head Coach Paula Miller was also pleased with her team’s effort, but said the focus now shifts to the championship part of the season.

“When you coach a long time you look at the big picture, and the big picture for us is the championships,” she said. “Still the team deserves a season where they go undefeated.”

$1495
$2000