$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s tennis: Bombers compete at New York State Championships

The women’s tennis team competed at the New York State Division III Championships on Friday in Rochester, N.Y.

William Smith senior Casey Kennedy defeated Ithaca junior Allison Young 6-2, 6-2 in first singles.

In second singles, freshman Carly Siegal defeated freshman Brennan Ferguson of Alfred 6-1, 6-0. Siegel fell to New York University junior Ariel Sultan in the quarterfinals 6-3, 6-1.

Sophomore Becky Guzzo defeated SUNY-Brockport junior Carolyn McMenemon 6-1, 6-1 in third singles. But in the quarterfinals Skidmore College sophomore Robyn Baird defeated Guzzo 6-2, 6-4.

In fourth singles, Laurel Salladay defeated senior Kailtyn Broderick of SUNY-Brockport 6-1, 6-3. In the quarterfinals junior Shannon Murphy of Saint Lawrence University defeated Salladay 6-0, 6-2.

Guzzo and Young defeated the first doubles pair of freshman Casey Olsen and sophomore Meghan Olson of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 8-3. Sultan and and freshman Mari Tzakis of New York University defeated Young and Guzzo 8-3.

In second doubles senior Becky Campbell and Siegal lost to junior Julia Xu and freshman Alexandra Ziarko of New York University 8-2.

$1375
$2000