$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s tennis: Bombers extend conference winning streak to 37

The women’s tennis team earned its second win of the season with a 9–0 victory against Hartwick College. The match was moved from Hartwick College Thursday morning and took place at SUNY–Delhi.

The Blue and Gold didn’t lose a single set throughout the match, and the shutout win was their second straight of the season.

In singles play, freshman Cristina Nunez blanked her opponent 6–0, 6–0. Seniors Melanie Cohen and Melissa Nunez both won in two sets, 7–5, 6–4 and 6–1, 6–4, respectively. Freshman Becky Guzzo posted a straight set victory, winning 6–0, 6–1, while junior Kelsey Harness and sophomore Allison Young rounded out singles play, winning 6–2, 6–2, and 6–1, 6–1.

The doubles competition began with a victory from Cristina and Melissa, winning 5–0 by injury retirement. Cohen and junior Becky Campbell paired together to win 8–6 and Guzzo and Young swept their opponents 8–0.

The Bombers extend their Empire 8 winning streak to 37 with this victory. The Blue and Gold return to South Hill for their home opener against Alfred University at 4 p.m. Tuesday on the Ithaca College Tennis Courts.

$1375
$2000