$1275
$2000

Women’s Tennis: Bombers remain unbeaten

The women’s tennis team remained undefeated by defeating a short-handed Utica College team 9-0 at Glazer Arena in the college’s Athletics and Events Center. Utica College had five players in the lineup and had to forfeit matches in third doubles and sixth singles.

Junior Hannah Worthley won her second career match with a 6-0,6-0 win at fifth singles.

Freshmen Emily Baker and Kelly Fishback made their varsity debuts and posted an 8-0 win at second singles defeating freshman Heather Brisson and sophomore Elise Page of Utica.

Junior Allison Young defeated junior Jennifer Persio 6-1,6-0 in first singles, while senior captain Kelsey Harness defeated Taylor Banovic 6-0,6-0 in second singles.

In doubles, junior Laurel Salladay and freshman Cary Siegal defeated Utica sophomore Taylor Banovic and Persio 8-1 in first doubles.

Harness said the key to the Bombers’ success is competing hard.

“We’ve just been competing pretty well this whole year, getting excited for our matches and are ready to go,” she said.

Harness said in order to keep winning, the Blue and Gold need to stay focused.

“We just have to keep the intensity up at practice and during every point during every match,” she said.

The South Hill squad returns to action Tuesday at Empire 8 Conference rival St. John Fisher College.

$1275
$2000