$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Women’s tennis defeats Alfred to remain undefeated

CAITIE IHRIG/THE ITHACAN
Freshman Brianna Ruback won 6–0 and 6–0 in her singles match against Alfred’s Emma Siemer at Ben Wheeler Tennis Courts on Sept. 18.

The Ithaca College women’s tennis team picked up its fourth win of the season Sept. 18 over Alfred University. The Bombers remained undefeated and now own a 4–0 record.

The Blue and Gold swept all three doubles matches. Senior Haley Kusak and sophomore Caroline Dunn defeated Alfred freshman Tori Pellegrino and sophomore Emma Siemer 8–2.  Freshman Brianna Ruback and sophomore Taylor Ginestro took down Alfred‘s sophomore Inda Gillett and junior Sarah Grace 8–1.

Sophomore Kathryn Shaffer and senior Maddie Overholt rounded out the doubles competition for the Bombers, defeating Alfred’s freshman Miranda Sakala and sophomore Rachel Pero 8–2.

In the singles competition, both Kusak and Ruback swept their opponents 6–0, 6–0. Dunn took down Grace 6–0, 6–1, senior Jodi Grosberg defeated Alfred sophomore Beryl Torthe 6–1, 6–1 and Shaffer swept Gillett 6–0, 6–0. Overholt finished out the singles competition for the Bombers, and won her match 6–0, 6–3.

The Bombers swept their opponent for the third time this season. They will host Houghton College at 4 p.m. Sept. 20 on the Ben Wheeler Tennis Courts.

$1260
$2000