$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s Tennis: Squad successful in singles matches during break

The women’s tennis team garnered its first victory of the spring season in a 5-4 decision against Connecticut College last Tuesday. The Bombers (10—4 overall) dropped a match against Bloomsburg University 7-2 the next day.

Junior captain Allison Young set the tone for the Blue and Gold against Connecticut, defeating junior Sara Krivoshik in straight sets. Seniors Kelsey Harness and Becky Campbell followed suit by winning fifth and sixth singles, respectively. Freshman Carly Siegel chipped in with a second singles victory.

The Bombers suffered setbacks in first and second doubles, but freshman Allison Vizgaitis paired with Harness to win third doubles and clinch the South Hill squad’s overall victory.

Bloomsburg reversed Ithaca’s fortune the next day. While Harness repeated her success in fifth singles, Bloomsburg took the other five singles matchups. Siegel and junior Laurel Salladay earned victories in second doubles, but Bloomsburg sealed the win with sophomore Michelle Perez and senior Emily Palko taking first doubles, and sophomore Nicole Slagle and sophomore Natalie Greenholt winning third doubles.

The split spring break trip brings the Blue and Gold to 1—3 this spring, marking the fifth straight year the team has begun the second half of the year 1—3 or worse.

The South Hill squad will try to avenge last year’s 9-0 defeat against University of Rochester when they host the YellowJackets on Sunday.

Rochester is coming off a 7-2 loss to University of the Redlands. The YellowJackets feature junior Frances Tseng, who is ranked 45th by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association.

$1495
$2000