$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s tennis stays undefeated after sweeping Ducks

The women’s tennis swept Stevens Institute of Technology by a final score of 9–0 in Hoboken, New Jersey, to move to 4–0 on the season and in Empire 8 play.

The Blue and Gold started off strong in doubles with junior Haley Kusak and freshman McKinleigh Lair defeating Alexis Connor and Julia Guingnard of the Ducks 8–0 in first doubles. The two have not played together this year, but were able to communicate well and win easily.

Freshman Caroline Dunn and senior Marni Blumenthal would cruise as well, defeating Katrina Guido and Jillian Morneau 8–3 in second doubles.

The closest match for the South Hill squad came in third doubles as junior Sydney Greenspan and freshman Shayna Ginster would win a gritty 8–6 victory over the Ducks’ Victoria Piskarev and Jill Hadwen.

In singles play, the Bombers did not drop a single set in the six matches of the day.

Kusak and Ginster finished in first and fifth singles, respectively.

Lair defeated Victoria Piskarev by scores of 6–0 and 6–1 in second singles. Dunn rolled past Guido 6–1, 6–3 in third singles.

Blumenthal continued her strong senior campaign as she defeated Julia Guingnard 6–2,6–3. The clinching win for the Bombers would be freshman Kathryn Shaffer in sixth singles, pulling out a 6–2, 6–0 victory against Morneau.

The Blue and Gold have looked sharp this season, a tribute to the depth of the team.

The South Hill squad will look to continue its undefeated season as it returns home to face Elmira College at 4 p.m. Sept. 22 at Wheeler Tennis Courts. After that, it heads off to the ITA Northeast Regional at William Smith College at 8:30 a.m. Sept. 26 in Geneva, New York.

$1375
$2000