$1275
$2000

Women’s Tennis: Team competes at ITA championships at William Smith College

The women’s tennis team competed at the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Northeast Regionals this weekend at William Smith College. The three day tournament in Geneva, N.Y. concludes tomorrow, but all Bombers in the tournament have been eliminated.

The tournament included more than 70 participants from 20 different institutions.

Junior Allison Young was defeated by senior Tory Engros of Skidmore College 6-1, 6-1. Young went on to defeated sophomore Julio DeFabo of Bard College in the consolation bracket 8-2. Freshman Cary Siegal defeated junior Lauren Fulmer of Lebanon Valley College in the consolation bracket. Junior Ariel Sultan of New York University defeated Siegal 8-1.

In doubles play, the Lebanon Valley College duo of freshman Amelia Capuano and sophomore Christine Graf defeated senior captain Becky Campbell and Siegal 8-2. Seniors Emily Petersack and Felice Trinh of The College of New Jersey defeated the team of sophomore Becky Guzzo and Young 8-2. In the consolation bracket, Campbell and Siegal defeated senior Zosia Casterline and freshman Casey Olsen of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 8-3. William Smith College seniors Jess McCue and Katie Serock defeated Guzzo and Young 8-3.

In the quarterfinals of the doubles consolation bracket Campbell and Siegal lost to the pair of senior Jennifer Kraham and sophomore Jane Selegean of Hunter College 8-4.

The Bombers return to South Hill to take on Utica College in a match scheduled for 4 p.m. Thursday.

$1275
$2000