$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s Tennis: Team Continues E8 Success

The women’s tennis team won all nine matches against Hartwick  College to start Empire 8 conference play  Thursday at Glazer Arena.

With their sweep of the singles matches, the Bombers have now won 53 straight dual matches against Empire 8 competition dating back to the 2005-06 season.

Senior Captain Kelsey Harness was a 6-0,6-0 winner in her match in fifth singles.

Junior Allison Young won her match in first singles, defeating her opponent 6-2,6-1.

Junior Laurel Salladay won her match in fourth singles, beating her opponent 6-1,6-3.

Though the team has had early success, Salladay said the team still has aspects of its game it wants to work on.

“There is still plenty of time to improve on, but as far as the beginning of the season goes we are doing well,” she said. “Our doubles teams are clicking and becoming one everytime we go on the court.”

In doubles, sophomore Becky Guzzo and Young won their doubles match 8-4. Senior captain Becky Campbell and freshman Carly Siegal won their match 8-1, while Salladay and freshman Allison Vizgaitis took their match 8-5.

The Blue and Gold return to action at 4 p.m. Tuesday at Alfred University.

$1375
$2000