$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s Track and Field: Bombers dominate at Quad Meet

The women’s track and field team showed off its strength at the Ithaca Quad Meet today at Butterfield Stadium. The team won eleven events and had three Eastern College Athletic Conference Championship qualifiers.

Senior Julie Orlando qualified for the ECAC meet after defeating all other competitors in the pole vault by clearing 3.40 meters. Orlando said she was proud with her performance as well as the rest of the Blue and Gold’s results.

“Today was a pretty good day, and I had a lot of fun watching the rest of the team compete as well,” Orlando said.

In addition to Orlando’s first place finish, senior Anna Lawrence won the hammer throw and surpassed the ECAC standard after a 43.67-meter toss.

The final ECAC qualifier of the day was sophomore Elaine Abdulky. Abdulky won the discus at the meet with a 37.64-meter heave. Abdulky said the Bombers’ training has helped the team develop greatly and she is happy with her performance during this stage of the season.

“We’ve been on a good lifting schedule and have been practicing really well,” Abdulky said. “I’m glad to see my hard work is paying off.”

Junior Julie Schaeffer won the long jump at 4.53 meters and freshman teammate Kristen Swanson took first overall in the triple jump with a distance of 9.61 meters.

Junior Katie Edwards placed first in the javelin with a distance of 31.89 meters and junior Colleen Garman showed off her skill as well by winning the shot put at 10.78 meters.

Freshman Kelson Goldfine clocked a winning time of 43:18.90 in the 10,000-meter run and sophomore Kheiyasa Carter collected two victories by crossing the finish line at 13.58 in the 100-meter dash and at 27.84 in the 200-meter dash.

The final winner of the day was sophomore Rachael Travers in the 100-meter hurdles, finishing with a time of 18.59. Travers said with the high standards the team set for themselves this season, she is happy to see the team’s strength shining through.

“We have set the bar really high for ourselves this season,” Travers said. “We have used the competition on our own team to push ourselves and we have had a lot of support, and we hope to continue this success.”

$1495
$2000