$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s Track and Field: Junior takes state title in heptathlon

Four members of the women’s track and field team competed in the New York State Collegiate Track Conference Heptathlon on Sunday and Monday, hoping to register a first place finisher for the fourth consecutive season.

Junior Amanda Rissmeyer took first place in the competition with a total score of 4,296 points. She met two Eastern College Athletic Conference qualifying standards by winning in the 100-meter hurdles in a time of 16.07 seconds and the high jump with a 1.64-meter clear. Rissmeyer also won the shot put after a 10.79-meter heave and the javelin throw with a mark of 36.72 meters. Her finish in the javelin also qualified her for the regional championships.

Senior Hannah Evans placed sixth in the competition with a total of 3,555 points. Evans took first place in the 200-meter dash, finishing in a time of 27.05 seconds on the first day of competition. On Day 2 of the meet, she won the long jump event after a 5.03-meter leap.

Junior Julie Schaeffer finished in eighth place with a score of 3,315 points and freshman Brittany Leafe ended up in 10th place with a total of 2,996 points.

The Blue and Gold will compete in the NYSCTC Outdoor Championships this weekend in Rochester, N.Y.

$1375
$2000