$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Wrestling: Blue and Gold defeat SUNY-Oswego at home

The fourth-ranked wrestling team dominated SUNY-Oswego in a 35-6 win today in Ben Light Gymnasium. The Bombers won the first seven matches and have won 22 of the last 24 matches against the Lakers since 1982.

Senior Max Cohen, wrestling in the 125-pound weight class, started the afternoon with a pin of Oswego freshman Kevin Ramkishun at 1:17 of the first round. Junior Rick Gomez followed with a 4-3 decision against Lakers’ junior captain Omar Santiago in the 133-pound match.

Senior Seth Ecker, ranked third in his weight class, recorded a narrow 2-1 win against senior Scott McGregor. Ecker said he was pleased with his teammates’ overall performance

“It was nice to see that we had a couple of guys out and we still only lost one match,” he said.

Graduate student Jeremy Stierly, who missed time earlier this year with an injury, recorded a major decision against sophomore Justin Patus in the 149-pound weight class.

Freshman Brett Sanko and graduate student Nick Sanko recorded easy wins in the 157 and 165 pound matches.

Junior Jules Doliscar pinned freshman Chris Wise at 1:43 of the first round. Doliscar recorded eleven points before the decisive pin, and said he was delighted to see the hard work of he and his teammates and yield dividends.

“Our team put in a great performance today and we just increase our efforts to be ready for Nationals.”

Sophomore Kyle McKeighton was the only Bomber to lose after Oswego senior Cameron Mills, who is ranked tenth in Division III,  pinned him.

Head Coach Marty Nichols drew some positives from McKeighton’s performance.

“He did real well and just made one mistake near the end,” Nichols said. “He could have went the whole match with him.”

The Bombers improved to 6–0 overall this season and will not return to action until Jan. 7 when they compete in the Division III National Duals in Springfield, Ill.

$1375
$2000