$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Wrestling: Blue and Gold open season with win

The wrestling team opened up the 2010-11 season with a 32–7 victory Tuesday over Lycoming College.

The Blue and Gold entered the year as the No. 5 team in the National Wrestling Coaches Association preseason poll.

Sophomores Seth Ecker and Matthew Mahon were Ithaca’s big winners in its first match. Ecker, who is wrestling at 133-pounds, pinned Lycoming sophomore Terrell Nixon 18–3, while Mahon, who competed at 285-pounds, pinned Lycoming junior Russel Korbul in a time of 6:46.

The Blue and Gold went 8–2 in the ten total matches.

Also posting wins for the Bombers were freshman Dominick Giacolone at 125-pounds, a 2–0 winner over Lycoming junior Stephen Hinton; senior Jeremy Stierly, competing at 141-pounds, 10–1 over Lycoming senior Andrew Lewis; senior Blaine Woszczak at 149-pounds, 7–3 over Lycoming senior Isiah Britton; senior Nicholas Sanko wrestling at 157-pounds, 9–1 over Lycoming sophomore Colton Eyer; sophomore David Foley at 165-pounds, 7–4 over Lycoming sophomore David Smith and senior David Priest competing at 174-pounds, winning 10–2 over Lycoming sophomore Jefferson Thomas.

The Bombers will host the Ithaca College Invitational starting at 10 a.m. Saturday and Sunday in Ben Light Gymnasium. In the 2009 Ithaca Invitational, ten teams competed, with the Bombers downing SUNY-Cortland 160–143.5 to win the tournament.

$1495
$2000