$1275
$2000

Wrestling: Bombers cruise to 10th win of season

The wrestling team, 10-2 overall this season, dominated SUNY-Oneonta 37–6 at home Thursday, Jan. 27 at Ben Light Gymnasium.

The Blue and Gold — ranked No. 4 in the nation — capitalized on winning the first four bouts of the evening, giving them a 21—0 lead that proved to be too much for the Red Dragons to overcome.

Senior Blaine Woszczak, competing at 149 pounds, moved one win closer to becoming the leader on Ithaca’s all-time wins list, with a pin in one minute and eighteen seconds. Woszczak is now three wins away from taking the lead from Bob Panarello (1981-85) who has 129 wins to his name.

Senior David Priest and junior Jeremy Stierly also anchored the Bombers on the mat. Priest, wrestling at 174 pounds, won 15–3 and is now six wins away from reaching the 100 win club. Stierly, who is competing at 141 pounds, controlled his match well enough to earn a 16–0 technical fall.

Also posting victories for the South Hill squad were junior Max Cohen at 125 pounds, junior Seth Ecker at 133 pounds, senior Nick Sanko at 165 pounds, freshman Shane Bartrum at 197 pounds and junior heavyweight Matt Mahon.

The Bombers have not lost a match outside of the National Wrestling Coaches Association/Cliff Keen National Duals where they finished fourth out of the top sixteen Division III teams in America. The Bombers continue that streak next Thursday when they visit No. 23 Delaware Valley College in Doylestown Pa.

$1275
$2000