$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Wrestling: Bombers finish regular season with victory

The wrestling team, 14-2 overall this year, finished the regular season at SUNY-Cortland with a 21–13 victory over the Red Dragons on Wednesday.

The Bombers are ranked fourth in the nation, while Cortland is the 20th ranked team in country. The win capped an undefeated dual-match season for the Blue and Gold, with the only two losses coming in the National Wrestling College Association/Cliff Keen National Duals.

The Bombers won six of 10 matches, posting one technical fall and one major decision. Senior Blaine Woszczak, ranked second nationally at 149-pounds, won 18–2 — a feat that earned him his second technical fall in a row. At 133-pounds, junior Seth Ecker won a 12–0 major decision. Ecker is ranked third in the nation.

Also producing wins for the Bombers were senior Jeremy Stierly, ranked second at 141-pounds, senior Nick Sanko at 165-pounds, sophomore Dave Foley at 174-pounds and junior Keith Dickey at 184-pounds. Dickey won 3–1 in a sudden death overtime thriller.

The Blue and Gold are off until they host the Empire Collegiate Wrestling Conference Championships on Saturday, Feb. 26 in Ben Light Gymnasium. The event will determine automatic qualifiers — winners of each weight class — for the NCAA Championships on March 11-12 in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Last year, the Bombers sent five wrestlers to the championships and finished third as a team in the ECWC Championships.

$1495
$2000