$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Wrestling: Bombers improve to 6–0

The wrestling team, 6-0, continued its perfect season with a 35–6 rout of the Rochester Institute of Technology on Wednesday in Ben Light Gymnasium.

The Bombers, who are currently ranked forth in the nation in the National Wrestling Coaches Association poll, defeated the Tigers and were fueled by a stretch of seven straight victories in the match. The Bombers have not lost their past 12 matches against RIT.

However, in the featured match of the night, the No. 5 133-pounder in the nation, junior Seth Ecker, lost to the No. 2 133-pounder Mike McInally of RIT, 10–4.

Nevertheless, junior heavyweight Matt Mahon capped off the run of seven straight match wins by pinning RIT’s Alec Humski in 40 seconds. Mahon is ranked No. 4 nationally in his weight class.

Also pinning his opponent for the Blue and Gold were sophomore Derek Brenon who downed RIT’s Andres Ulloa in 2:27 and senior Dave Priest who pinned Sean Sercu of RIT in four minutes. Brenon and Priest are ranked seventh and fifth in their respective weight classes.

The Bombers were led off with a major decision from junior Max Cohen who won 20–6 over Shin Wakabayashi of RIT at 125 pounds. The Blue and Gold then tallied victories from senior Andrew Hutchins at 149 pounds, sophomore Doug Fraser at 165 pounds, junior Keith Dickey at 184 pounds, and sophomore Gill Bauer-Moshi at 197 pounds.

Ithaca elected to rest usual fixtures on the team, senior Blaine Woszczak, junior Jeremy Stierly and junior Nicholas Sanko, all sat out of the match.

The No. 4 Bombers continue their season when they head to SUNY-Oswego for a 1 p.m. match Saturday.

$1495
$2000