$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Wrestling: Squad escapes with win at Waynesburg University

The fifth-ranked wrestling team needed a third period pin from senior heavyweight Matt Mahon to beat Waynesburg University 18-16 yesterday.

Mahon’s pin of sophomore Brandon Fedorka at 6:10 in the third period gave Mahon his seventh win of the season, which is second best for the team, and 50th of his career.

The Bombers started out with wins by freshman Alex Gomez and senior Seth Ecker to take an early 6-3 lead, but Waynesburg rebounded to take a 10-6 lead.

Junior Jules Doliscar and graduate student Nick Sanko recorded wins to give the South Hill squad the lead again. Doliscar remains unbeaten against Division III opponents and is 23–2 overall. Ecker’s win is his 97th overall. He is on the verge of becoming the 18th Bomber to reach 100 career wins.

Wins by junior Cody Catalina and freshman Patrick Jennings before the final bout extended the Yellow Jackets’ lead to 16-12, but Mahon’s victory sealed the win for the Blue and Gold.

The Bombers will host the New York State Wrestling Championships and compete with schools from all collegiate divisions across the state. The tournament starts at 10 a.m. Saturday in Glazer Arena.

$1495
$2000