No one was injured. Residents in the surrounding apartments were able to reoccupy their apartments at around 1:20 a.m.
After a fire in Eastman Hall due to lint build-up on Dec. 15, a new laundry room with extra safety measures was added to the residence hall.
The Town of Ithaca is considering removing Ithaca College from its fire protection district, citing an unwillingness by the college to pay for fire protection services.
A small fire broke out around 2:25 p.m. Sept. 11 in Lyon Hall, one of the residence halls of Ithaca College. Residents were evacuated from the building after a resident assistant pulled the fire alarm.