$1275
$2000

Women’s Basketball: Blue and Gold clinch regular-season title with win against Utica

A regular season for the ages came to a triumphant close for the women’s basketball team (21—4 overall, 13–1 Empire 8) as it clinched its fourth consecutive Empire 8 Conference regular-season title with a 46-40 road victory at Utica College (10—15 overall, 5—9 Empire 8) today.

Senior guard Jessica Farley led the South Hill squad with 16 points while sophomore forward Jennifer Escobido tallied her third straight double-double with 10 points and 13 rebounds.

The Blue and Gold trailed the Pioneers by as many as six points with 2:50 left in the first half. The two teams jostled back and forth for the lead several times in the second half until Escobido gave the Bombers the lead for good on a pair of free throws with 2:35 left in the contest.

The win against the Pioneers was the 21st of the season for the South Hill squad, tying a program record for most wins in the regular season. The Bombers finished alone atop the conference standings after Hartwick College lost at home to Stevens University this afternoon.

The Blue and Gold will host the Empire 8 Conference tournament next weekend and will square off against fourth-seeded St. John Fisher in the first round on Friday in Ben Light Gymnasium.