$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Women’s lacrosse team drops second straight game

The Ithaca College women’s lacrosse team dropped its second straight game by a double-digit deficit, 15–5, at the hands of the No. 3–ranked Franklin and Marshall College on March 12.

The Bombers hung around in the first half, trailing just 8–4 at halftime, before getting outscored 7–1 in the second stanza.

Franklin and Marshall, the Blue and Gold’s second straight top-five opponent, scored fewer than 30 seconds into the contest, with a tally from sophomore attack Paige Moriarty. The Blue and Gold answered with a goal from junior attack Gaby Berne.

The Diplomats took a two-goal lead over the next few minutes, but the Bombers remained strong, firing back with two of their own goals. Morgan Racicot cut the deficit to one with an unassisted finish at 22:56, before senior midfielder Riley Marion knotted the score at three a minute later.

The Bombers struggled for a long stretch on the offensive, and the Diplomats extended their lead. Franklin and Marshall took advantage of its momentum, scoring three straight to go up 8–3.

Marion was able to cut the deficit back to two for the Bombers, before the Diplomats closed out the half with two unanswered goals, giving them an 8–4 edge at halftime.

The Bombers inched back into the game in the second half, cutting the lead to 8–5, but Franklin and Marshall prevailed, going on to score seven straight goals to close out the game.

Berne and Marian tallied two goals each for the Bombers, while Racicot totaled three points on the day.

Junior goalkeeper Emily Ross gave up eight goals in 30 minutes of action. Ross was eventually replaced by sophomore Kimberly Presuto, who made five saves.

The Bombers struggled to put the ball on net, and were outshot 35–18 in the contest.

The Bombers will return to the field at noon March 14 when they take on Babson College in Orlando, Florida.

$1520
$2000