$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

ITHACA THIS WEEKEND: Nov. 22–24

What’s happening today
Today’s top news and events

1. The Ithaca College chapter of Colleges Against Cancer held a workshop about lung cancer as a part of the American Cancer Society’s Great American Smokeout yesterday in the Ithaca Falls Room. The workshop, which was led by Maki Anada, assistant professor of biology, focused on how lung cancer affects the body. Check Latest Headlines later today for the full story.

2. The Department of Occupational Therapy hosted a discussion on disability yesterday in Textor 102. The presentation, titled “What is Disability?,” focused on the limitations of common definitions of disability. For more on this story, check Latest Headlines later today.

3. The Student Government Association held an informal public meeting yesterday in IC Square in the Campus Center. The “Meet the Senators” event gave students a chance to speak directly with the SGA senators and discuss the issues they’ve seen on campus. Read about some of the problems discussed at the event, here.

In This Week’s Paper
Didn’t have time to pick up this week’s paper? Read the highlights here!

News: Sophomore Shawn Davis is making a difference in the Ithaca community by donating food from the Towers Dining Hall “In the Bag” station to the Salvation Army. The effort, which Davis calls “Grab and Give,” is his attempt to share some of the privileges that students at the college have. Read about Davis and his donations to the community.

Accent: Recently, online-dating apps have become increasingly popular among college students. Apps such as Tinder and Grindr have become the new way for many students at the college to find dates. Read about these apps and their increased presence on college campuses.

Sports: This weekend, both the Bombers’ football and women’s soccer teams will be competing in their NCAA tournaments. The football team will take on the Framingham State University Rams in the first round of the tournament at noon at Butterfield Stadium. Meanwhile, the women’s soccer team will continue into the third round of the tournament against Messiah College. Read about the two teams and their quests for a national championship.

$1520
$2000