$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Thursday, March 20

What’s happening today
Today’s top news and events

1. The Handwerker Gallery will hold an opening reception for its latest exhibition, “Strange Bedfellows,” at 4:30 p.m. today. The exhibition includes work from more than 20 queer artists.

2. The Gamer Symphony Orchestra will perform at 8:15 p.m. tonight in Ford Hall. The concert is free and open to the public.

In Today’s Paper
Don’t have time to pick up today’s issue of The Ithacan? Read the highlights here

News: Pope Francis took to Twitter on March 13, acknowledging the one-year anniversary of his papal inauguration by asking his followers to “Please pray for me.” A year earlier, the new pope approached his crowd of believers in front of the Vatican in March 2013 with a similar request of prayer. Read about how the campus has reacted to Pope Francis in this week’s News Section.

Accent: Friends, jobs and romance — the holy triad many students want to achieve — are often impacted by the struggles acne causes. And in college, when students live in such close proximity with one another and are constantly bothered with the overwhelming stress job-searching inflicts, it is easy to feel smothered — and acne doesn’t help. Read more about how some college students deal with acne in this week’s Accent Section.

Sports: When some student-athletes graduate, they want to stick around campus a little bit longer. For Michael Silipo ’11, Carly Jones ’13 and Katherine Bixby ’10, who now serve as assistant coaches for the Bombers, Ithaca has become a permanent home. Read more about these assistant coaches in this week’s Sports Section.

$1520
$2000