$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Women’s lacrosse drops first home game of season

The Ithaca College women’s lacrosse team fell short in a comeback attempt against SUNY Geneseo on March 31, losing 11–9.

The loss snaps a four-game winning streak for the Bombers, while giving them their first dropped decision at home.

The college got off to a slow start, falling behind 4–0 early in the first half. Junior midfielder Morgan Cadwell got the comeback effort started with the Bombers’ first goal of the game midway through the first half.

Cadwell didn’t stop there, however. She led the charge to close out the first half, scoring three of the team’s four goals in the stanza. The first half hat trick from the junior left the Bombers trailing 6–4 at the break.

Geneseo tallied three of the next four goals, putting them at a 9–5 advantage, but the Bombers would not be outdone, putting the ball in the back of the net on their next four attempts, tying the score at nine.

The South Hill squad’s efforts were simply not enough down the stretch as Geneseo controlled possession late in the second half, putting a bow on the contest with crunch time goals from sophomore midfielder Erin Cregan and junior attack Kathleen DePillo.

Junior goalie Emily Ross and sophomore goalie Kimberly Presuto were strong between the pipes for the Blue and Gold, notching 11 saves total on the night. The Bombers lost the turnover battle 15–11, while being outshot 28–21.

The loss drops the Bombers to 5–3 on the season. They will hit the field next against Nazareth College at noon April 2 in Rochester, New York.

$1520
$2000