$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Women’s lacrosse team defeats Nazareth College

After suffering its first loss at home this season to SUNY Geneseo on March 31, the women’s lacrosse team bounced back into the win column with a 12–8 conference victory over Nazareth College on April 2.

Junior attackman Morgan Racicot and junior midfielder Morgan Cadwell each led the South Hill squad with three goals apiece, while Racicot also led the team in assists with two in the Bombers’ third Conference win of the season.  

The Bombers started the game off quickly, scoring 32 seconds into the contest with a Cadwell shot to go up 1–0.  The Bombers turned up the pressure after that, as Racicot scored her first goal of the day two minutes later.

But the Bombers would not hold the lead for long, as the Golden Flyers would come back to tie the game at two with two quick goals of their own. The Bombers and the Golden Flyers traded goals, but the Bombers went into halftime leading 5–4.

As the second half began, the Bombers put the game away, scoring seven unanswered goals by several players, including Cadwell, Racicot, senior midfielder Riley Marion and freshman attackman Allison Panara. The seven unanswered goals put the Bombers up 12–4 with fewer than 10 minutes to go in the game.   

The Golden Flyers would score four unanswered goals of their own to halt the Bombers victory celebration. But it was too little too late, as the horn sounded and the Bombers survived the late game comeback.

It is the first time the two teams have matched up against one another since the Bombers upset the Golden Flyers in the semifinals of the 2015 Empire 8 Conference championships. With the win, the Bombers improve to an overall record of 6–3 and a conference record of 3–0 to remain in first place in the Empire 8 Conference standings.

The Bombers return home for their next contest at 3 p.m. April 9 in Higgins Stadium as the South Hill squad battles Houghton College in their fourth conference game of the season.

$1520
$2000