$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Gerard Turbide named VP for enrollment at Ithaca College

Fernando Ferraz/The Ithacan
In an email to the campus community, President Shirley M. Collado announced the resignation of Gerard Turbide, vice president for enrollment management. Nicole Eversley Bradwell has been appointed as his interim successor effective Jan. 11

After a nationwide search, Ithaca College has appointed Gerard Turbide as the vice president for enrollment management, according to a statement from the college posted on Intercom on May 11. Turbide has served as interim vice president since June 2015.

Turbide was one of four candidates who visited campus to interview for the position throughout April. The position was previously filled by Eric Maguire, who left the college in May 2015 to take a position as vice president and dean of admission and financial aid at Franklin & Marshall College.

Before becoming interim vice president, Turbide served as director of admissions, a position he had held since 2006. He began his time at the college as assistant director of admission in 1993.

According to the college’s statement, the vice president for enrollment management oversees the offices of Admission, Career Services, Enrollment Planning, Institutional Research and Student Financial Services in developing and implementing programs for the college’s enrollment goals.

During his on-campus presentation April 26, Turbide said he would introduce a different framework for enrollment management. He said students are currently funneled into the institution in a “pipeline” model, whereas he thinks the college should focus on a continuous “stream” model, where students enter the college at their own pace.

“Moving to a stream concept is moving from an institutionally centered approach to a student-centered approach,” Turbide said. “Which is what we want to be — Ithaca College at its best is a student-centered organization.”

Before arriving at the college, Turbide held positions in the residential life offices at Bucknell University and St. Lawrence University. He received his Master of Education degree in counseling and human development from St. Lawrence University and has also held leadership roles with the New York State Association of College Admission Counseling.

During his presentation, Turbide said his main desire is to continue serving the college.

“I love this community,” Turbide said. “If I can play a role in advancing Ithaca College and continuing to make this a great place to be, I’m in.”

Turbide could not be reached for additional comment, as the Office of Enrollment Management was closed for a divisional retreat May 11.

$1520
$2000