$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Cross-country competes at Purple Valley Invitational

PHOTO ILLUSRTATION BY AVERI PARECE

The men’s and women’s cross-country teams raced Sept. 24 at the Williams College Purple Valley Invitation in Williamstown, Massachusetts.

The men’s team averaged 27:18.0 for their 8K, receiving 342 points and coming in 11th out of 23 teams. The women’s team finished eighth out of 23 teams, completing the 6K course with 202 points in average time of of 23:21.3.

The first finisher for the women’s team was junior Denise Ibarra. Ibarra came in eighth place with a time of 22:31.7. Placing 36th out of 278 runners,graduate student Michaela Cioffredi finished second for the Bombers in 23:18.3.

Freshman Annika Morrison once again finished in the Bombers top five, crossing the finish line in 23:30.4 and placing 48th overall. Not far behind the freshman was 56th place finisher sophomore Emilie Mertz, completing the 6k in 23:38.7.

The Blue and Gold’s fifth finisher was senior Emily Drain placing 66th and finishing in 23:47.2.

For the men’s team, senior Sean Phillips again finished first for the men’s team, placing 34th in the 8K race in 26:26.8.

Junior Tim Chappell placed 109th, finishing in 27:31.4 and senior Shane Connor finished five seconds behind him in 116th place. The last scoring runner for the Bombers was freshman Chris Tinti, placing 123rd with a time of 27.39.2.

The teams will race again at 12:15 pm Oct.1 at the Lehigh University Invitational in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.

$1520
$2000